OTHER MISSION OPPORTUNITIES
Although we are continuously on mission to share the Gospel of Jesus throughout our daily lives, we are also blessed to be able to send out groups to reach further across this hurting world through Community, National, and International missions. You may also want to get involved with one or more of our Partners!
A Biblical call..."And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”"
MATTHEW 28: 18-20
SHARE YOUR FAITH BY TELLING YOUR STORY:
1. What my life was like before I met Christ. (Lonely, Addicted, Something Was Missing, Lost, etc.)
2. How I met Christ.
a. My problem is that I am a sinner - in fact everybody is (Romans 3:23)
b. Sin separates us from God now and forever (Isa. 59:2, Rom. 6:23)
c. We cannot fix the sin problem by trying to be good (Isa. 64:6, Titus 3:5, Eph. 2:8-9)
d. Jesus died and arose to solve our sin problem (Rom. 5:6-8, Col. 2:14)
e. God wants us to TURN from sin [repent] (Acts 2:38, 2 Cor. 7:10)
f. TRUST Christ alone to forgive & save us from our sins (Jn. 3:16, Rom. 10:9-11)
g. And He will! (Rom. 10:13)
SO I PRAYED SOMETHING LIKE THIS
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and I am sorry for that. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sin and then arose. Please forgive me for all of my sins & help me turn from them. I now confess you as my Lord and Savior and trust you alone for my salvation. Thank you for the free gift of eternal life. Amen(iShare Testimony Worksheet)
3. What my life is like now. ( I now have peace, joy and forgiveness. I seek to follow the will of God and grow in my faith in him)
4. Ask Questions:
Do you understand the story I have told you?
Will you pray, repent, and trust Jesus to be your Savior and Lord?
SHARE YOUR FAITH THROUGH PERSONAL MISSIONS:
Seek out ways to help people in your community. The purpose of the gospel is to show the love of Christ with a desire to share the love of Christ. Pray for God to open a door where you live (home, work, community, etc.).
The church is designed to help you serve your community. We will provide ways for you to serve. However, one of the important aspects of the church is to train and motivate you to be Christ where you live.
Ways to do personal missions:
- Go through Discipleship Classes (Sunday School, Small Group, Wednesday Nights)
- Start a small group in your neighborhood
- Use your influence on boards, community groups, sports teams, and so on. The influence means to show that you care deeply about Jesus and about the people you serve with.
- Invite unchurched friends to your house. Feed them and share the love of Christ with them.
- Invite unchurched friends to church events, such as small group, worship, church parties, VBS, and so on.
- Help an unchurched friend with a project.
- Ask God to show you, give you courage. We will help you.
Matthew 22:37-39 “And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Jeremiah 29:7 “But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.”